Aerospace & Defense Industry Business Ambassador
The newly created position of Aerospace & Defense Industry Business Ambassador will work alongside the CMstat management team to promote the company’s visibility and leadership in configuration management and data management solutions for the A&D industry. For the right senior-level professional this role could be very flexible as a full or part-time position operating out of a home-based office located anywhere within the continental United States.
- Seek out, establish, and foster peer-to-peer business relationships with customers, prospects, partners, collaborators, and influencers.
- Network within the CM community inside the A&D industry to build company awareness and reputation.
- Define and execute industry-focused campaigns to generate new contacts and relationships that could become business leads for consulting services or software.
- Identify opportunities then pursue introductions with companies, projects, and individuals who are active in the practice of CM within A&D contractors.
- Follow, attend or participate in industry events including conferences, webinars, trade shows, associations, and on-line special interest groups.
- Occasional authoring of presentations, blog posts, thought leadership articles, and LinkedIn news items that advances the role’s reach and effectiveness.
- Routinely document and communicate activity, progress toward goals, and status of contacts, relationships, and opportunities.
- Occasional travel as may be needed and agreed upon.
Desired Qualifications & Experience
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering or a related aerospace discipline
- Masters of Engineering or MBA a plus
- 20 years plus professional experience working within the A&D industry for commercial or government organizations
- 10 years plus professional experience with specifying, acquiring, deploying, using or training users in CM, PDM, or PLM software applications
- Configuration Management Training or Certification from a recognized organization is a plus
- Configuration Manager project leadership experience such as establishing CM Capability in a design and manufacturing environment is a plus
- Competent knowledge of technologies and trends within the A&D industry and/or PLM/PDM/CM/DM software industry
- Demonstrated skills, credentials, and experiences that support the role responsibilities as defined
- Superior written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively within a team of employees and other consultant/contractors
- United States Citizen
Independent contractors, consultants, and retired or semi-retired individuals including ex-members of the Armed Forces, are encouraged to apply.
To learn more about this unique opportunity please submit inquiries with your resume in confidence to email@example.com.