Configuration Manager Job Opportunity with Aerospace Supplier
The Configuration Manager reports directly to the Site General Manager
Configuration Manager with leading multi-technology tier 1 aerospace supplier employing some 18,000 people across 50 design and manufacturing sites in 14 countries. This company provides aero-structures, engine systems and special products to more than 90% of the world’s civil and military aircraft and engine manufacturers. This business is transforming its Configuration Management capability and is searching for outstanding Configuration Managers for 6 of its lead design and manufacturing sites across the US.
The key responsibilities of each Configuration Manager will be to establish world-class Configuration Management capability within the site by working with the leads in Engineering, Technology, Quality, and Programs to support CM functions throughout product lifecycle and enterprise. The successful Configuration Manager will establish world-class CM practices and implement them into all aspects of the product from RFP/RFQ through Design, Testing, Manufacture and Support. This position offers an opportunity to build and lead this crucial capability, from the ground up.
Responsibilities and Duties
The Configuration Manager will be expected to:
- Execute the CM Plan throughout all phases of the product lifecycle.
- Communicate CM processes/responsibilities/tasks to users at all levels of the organization.
- Work with the administrator of the PDLM system to build/improve CM-related processes in system workflows.
- Oversee Change Management process, impact assessment, disposition and implementation.
- Act as chair of CCB(s).
- Maintain accurate data on status of product configuration information and communicate this information as needed.
- Implement meaningful process measurements, reporting results and driving continuous improvement in CM.
- Provide accurate data and plans for audits of products, manufacturing, and quality-related processes.
- Manage all actions resulting from CM activities including CCBs and audits and see them through to resolution.
- Conduct periodic reviews of all system process specifications for adherence to the overall company business objectives and current CM and technology advancements.
- Work with a team to develop site-specific CM training collateral.
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering or a related aerospace discipline.
- Configuration Management Certification from a recognized training/certification organization
- Significant Configuration Manager experience such as establishing Configuration Management Capability in a design and manufacturing environment
- US Citizen
Preferred Skills and Experiences
- History working with leading Aerospace and high-technology companies
- Ability to conduct training for multiple skill levels
- Experience with enterprise PDLM systems
- Ability to oversee end-to-end lifecycle process and manage multiple product lines simultaneously
- Superior written and oral communication skills as well as excellent intrapersonal skills
- Ability to work independently and within a team
To learn more please submit inquiries with your resume in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org.