Technical Writer & Documentation Specialist
The CMstat Technical Writer and Documentation Specialist (TWDS) will work independently with support from various CMstat personnel to gather information for new product documentation as well as update existing documentation for current versions of the product. S/he will be responsible for creation and update of training materials, product manuals and online help. S/he will also assist in the production of other training materials, including videos, presentations, and recorded webinars.
Duties of the TWDS position include:
- Review existing documentation and identify areas of revision or replacement
- Create updated/new documentation/online help in Flare
- Design documentation for use in printed training guides
- Produce new documentation based on internal project notes, documents, and discussions with SMEs
- Write and update FAQs based on common software and hardware questions
- Assist in creating training videos for a diverse professional audience. This includes writing scripts based on manuals/other documentation
The ideal candidate must be comfortable working independently in a dynamic environment with minimal supervision. S/he should have at least 3+ years of experience writing on engineering or technical documents and be able to provide examples of their work. Experience in teaching and training is a bonus. Desired qualities include:
- Must have an accessible, concise writing style as documents are for non-technical audiences
- Experience with webinars, training videos, virtual learning, distance learning is highly desirable
- Experience with documentation for consumer-facing technologies is highly desirable
- Knowledge of databases used for Hardware Configuration Management and the A&D industry is a plus
- Bachelor’s degree in technical field or equivalent preferred
To apply for the TWDS position please email your cover letter & resume to CMstat.