The deep configuration management software functionality at the core of PDMPlus is delivered by a number of modules, each with the robust feature set required for real-world use by CM experts and beginners alike. These modules, which come standard in PDMPlus, seamlessly work together to provide all the PDMPlus configuration management functionality required to support CM capabilities and applications.
PMPlus is Standards Based, built from the ground up to support the most rigorous industry standards combined with a smart rules-based architecture.
- Full support of ANSI/SAE 649B
- A CMII 4-Star Certified COTS Solution
- A CMPIC Preferred Vendor
- Best practices with over 200 rules and validations built in
- Pre-programmed data relationships to ensure data integrity
The PDMPlus System Access and User Interface (SUI) offers instant usability and nimble adaptability for configuration specialists, casual users, project managers, and information consumers.
- Software is immediately usable upon installation without customization
- Deployable as a stand-alone product for the CM specialist or as a web-access client for the downstream consumer of configuration data
- Navigation is intuitive using the language and terminology CM users are familiar with
- Role-based views are easy to configure
The PDMPlus User Dashboard (UD) is a configurable view of current workflows, status, and tasks assigned to each user. From the home dashboard users can:
- View tasks and action items, review assigned processes, and analyze workflow progress
- Obtain metrics data and graphs showing productivity by change types, users, groups, date range
- Open work items, check status, and transfer workflows to other users
- View assignments to other users and groups along with their workflows in process
The PDMPlus Administration Module (AM) provides system administrators with easily tailorable control over system defaults, user permissions, new account creation, system configuration, and review template creation. All changes made to PDMPlus via the Admin module are retained for ease of upgrading. This module includes features such as:
- Workflow Review Template Definition and Set-up
- User-Defined Document Types
- Approval Status Values Tailoring by Object Type
- Automatic Block Numbering Set-up
- Default Look-up Values and Rules
- User-Defined Field Labels
- Multiple Document Vault Folder Setup
- E-mail Notification Preferences
- Global and Project Defaults
- Contract and Project Data
- User Creation and Permissions
The PDMPlus Drawing and Document Management Module (DDMM) manages the document library by enforcing a version control process for CM-controlled documents and maintaining relationships between documents and parts, BOM creation, and approval or release information. All types of documentation can be uploaded and managed regardless of the authoring tool or CAD system in which they were created. User-defined documents can include Assembly Drawings, Parts Lists, Work Instructions, Test Plans, Procedures, Training Guides, Maintenance Manuals, Schematics, Data Sheets, Version Descriptions, Marketing Materials, and Compliance Reports. Features of this module include:
- Secure Vaulting and Check-in/out of Digital Files
- Preliminary, Prototype, and Formal Documents
- Version Control
- Notification of Pending Changes
- Document Revision and Change History
- Used-on Queries
- Related Data like Action Items, References, Notes and more
- Item Cross Reference and Associativity
- Secure storage (Vaulting) of electronic files, check in/check out
The Item/Part Management Module maintains the library of parts and assemblies used in a product structure. Part details such manufacturer/supplier tracking, cost, alerts, and cross-references to documents, changes, and CIs are standard features. Over 200 attributes are available for use, but not required. Additional features include>
- Item/Part/Asset Identification and Classification
- Item Records, Information, Serialization, and Allocation
- Where Used-On Query Support
- Item/Part View, History, Effectivity, Supersession
- Item to Manufacturer Cross-Reference
- Detailed Parts Packaging and Tracking
- Inventory, Cost, Sales Data Attributes
- Indentured Parts View of Current BOM
- Alternative and Substitute Parts List
- Software Used-on, Revision, Version Tracking & Reports
- Change Board Approval Tracking
- Issue Reporting & Resolution
The PDMPlus Configuration Item Module (CIM) provides capabilities for item part identification and management well beyond what is normally provided in CAD-centric PDM. CIs refine the task of managing complex products allowing users to identify and track unique items such as serialized parts or contractor provided items. Product structures may then be defined and interrogated by CIs for ease of design, reporting, status accounting, manufacturing and maintenance. CI information is listed in an easily searchable library that includes:
- Configuration Item Definition and Structure
- CI Action Items or Tasks
- CI to Document Cross References
- CI Effectivity, Allocation, and Serialization
- CI to Item Record Cross Reference
The PDMPlus Baseline Management Module (BMM) captures the configuration-related documentation baseline and saves the record for future use. Using the BMM a snapshot of all the product’s documentation, including revision levels at a point in time, can be archived and retrieved for future use or compared to then-current product baselines. Features of this module include:
- Baseline Snapshot
- Baseline Compare
- Outstanding Changes
- Baseline by Document types
- Document View
- Action Items and Tasks
- Baseline Reports
The PDMPlus As-Configured Module (ACM) retains and tracks the As-Planned, As-Built, and As-Maintained configurations of individual products, assembled systems, distributed networks, fielded equipment, or entire sites. PDMPlus offers complete access, control, and visibility of the actual live configurations. The module is fully integrated with the Item, Document, Change Control, and CI Management capabilities of PDMPlus.
The ACM associates relationships between the part structure, related documents, associated tracking numbers (e.g. serial numbers, lot numbers, bar codes, IUID, software versions, reference designators, certification records) and maintenance history. The relationships are accounted for in one master record that can be revision-rolled throughout the lifecycle. Current as-configured product structures can be viewed then compared from the perspective of top-down OEM specifications or by customers and service partners from the bottom-up. Full support is provided for:
- As-Designed, As-Planned, As-Built and As-Maintained data
- Serialized and Tracked Items or Parts
- As-Built Revision Tracking and History
- Serial Number to Reference Designator Xref
- Capture of As-Designed vs. Actuals
- Certification and Compliance Records
- Shipment Tracking
- Swap-out of Sub-assemblies with Maintenance History Preserved
- Serial Number, Bar Code, Lot Number, IUID and other ID tracking
- Software Version, Patches, and Release Upgrade Tracking
The PDMPlus Change Management Module (CMM) delivers the versatility to capture and route any type of change or maintenance reports against products. From the CMM, new items, documents and assemblies can be introduced via the appropriate approval and review process. Standard change forms are used to roll revisions on documents and automatically maintain the product structure through various upgrades and design changes. Features include the full support of:
- Engineering Change Requests, Proposals, and Orders
- Change Variances (Deviations, and Waivers)
- Change Impact Assessment
- Serial and Date Effectivity Implementation Planning
- Digital Electronic Notification
- Change Order Incorporation Deferral
- Change Disposition
- Work-in-Process Changes
- Documents Affected Analysis
- Items Used-On Query
- Automated Revision Roll and Incorporation
- Integrated Document Vault Access
The PDMPlus Workflow Management Module (WMM) is a standard module that offers CM Admin users the ability to easily create review templates with routing based on user-defined groups or roles. Users may automatically route changes, new documents, or part requests through a prescribed digital review process that is completely paperless. Features include:
- Both fast track and standard review processes
- Serial and parallel processing
- Escalation of missed reviews to another user
- Ad-hoc additions and changes to the review templates
- Automatic email notifications to users per CM Admin preferences
- Responsibility transfer to accommodate new hires, vacation, or role reassignments
- Process performance metrics dashboard
- Remarks tracking and work instructions
- Complete signoff history that remains with the record under review
- Customizable weekly and holiday calendars
The PDMPlus Advanced Workflow Module is an optional Business Process Management (BPM) module for supporting more complex workflow processes with greater flexibility and automation while remaining fully integrated in the system. Features include:
- A more powerful workflow engine
- Graphically model, test and deploy templates
- Flows are programs that automate user-specific business processes
- Data gathering and transmittal
- Email notifications
- Sub-process flow kickoff
- Multiple branch outputs from each node
- User-customizable form for each task
- Upload form data to the Database of Authority
- Workflow status dashboard
- Send attachments through the process electronically
- Electronic signature
PDMPlus Action Item Module (AIM) assigns tasks to users and use email to notify assignees while keeping history and metrics on the tasks performed and completed. Features include:
- Action Items for All Objects
- Email Notification
The PDMPlus Report Export Module (REM) makes standard and custom report generation easy through:
- A set of general report templates are provided for out-of-the-box.
- Standard reports can be configured to meet site specific requirements then saved for reuse.
- Custom reports can be created by users familiar with SQL queries via several template authoring tools including JasperReports provided at no charge with PDMPlus.
- Users can be trained in the location, conventions and structure of the underlying data tables
- Entity Relationship Diagram (ERD) provided to users who have completed training.
- Complex data sets relying on sub-reports are made possible.
- Provides access to every field of data making sophisticated metrics reporting possible.
- Exportable to Microsoft Excel, Adobe PDF and other formats.
PDMPlus facilitates enhanced Communication and Collaboration between internal authors and users, as well as with collaborators, suppliers, and service partners. PDMPlus features that enable this include:
- Files can be viewed with viewer software or the user’s preference per file type.
- Configuration data is liberated and CAD independent.
- Groups working on parallel tasks or in different locations can simultaneously access, review and redline that latest live product information.
- Web-based document review meetings can be scheduled in a collaborative workspace.
- Post multiple drawings and documents for review, annotation, mark-up and comparisons.
- Meeting host can give mark-up permissions to participants for further interaction.
- Document tiling for comparison. Tile vertically or horizontally for easy compare.
- Target individual drawing layers for discussion. Remove CAD drawing layers as necessary for review.
- The entire meeting including minutes, mark-ups and finalized redline changes is recorded and may be saved to the PDMPlus vault as a baseline asset for future use.
PDMPlus has Security built into its architecture. User access permissions can be defined on a project-by-project basis at the levels of: group division and management, module permissions, field permissions, vault permissions, user profiles, and projects. Additional security features include:
- All product data, documents and drawings are protected in the Configuration Database of Authority.
- PDMplus is a “projectized” database giving additional levels of security for metadata to allow supply chain partners to work together while maintaining data security between individual projects.
- CMstat employs a second layer of security for the vault folders which assures documents and drawings are safe from unauthorized access.
- The application rules base assures the integrity of assembly data and that cross-reference relationships are maintained.
PDMplus can Interoperate and Integrate with other applications. Many users value and run PDMPlus as a low-overhead standalone application for cost-effective use in the field without the complexity, delay, and cost of enterprise integrations. Others employ it in conjunction with their existing PDM, PLM, ERP, SCM, or ILS software solutions. CMstat provides a portfolio of right-sized software components and consulting services that can help with data migration, application integration, data cleansing, and process optimization between these systems. These tasks are made easier due to PDMPlus’ underlying architecture combined with CMstat’s business focus on best-in-class CM software.
PDMPlus is readily Deployable, Maintainable, Scalable, and Portable. The application does not require significant internal IT resources or external consultants to be implemented, configured, maintained, or upgraded. Once installed, it is highly scalable and portable to accommodate the fluctuating business lifecycle of products and projects in which it deployed to support.
- Customer choice of either Oracle or MS SQL Server as the database
- All features, relationships, and functions available out-of-the-box ready to use
- Concurrent and site license schema
- Upgrades performable by customers
To see these functions firsthand in a live demonstration REQUEST A DEMO ON DEMAND.